Monday, July 14, 2008

church report

Lots of people have asked when they can see more photos, here's an answer! Kevin, Paige and I will be speaking in church this Sunday, July 20. We will talk at both services, the 8:45 am and the 10 am. I think we have 12 minutes, the whole service will be missions focused. We will report on some specific projects that Fox Valley Christian Church gave money for in Kenya, report on the mission in general and show some more photos. I'm not sure if we're going to show video yet.

On Sunday, August 3, we will be talking to the older children in their Sunday School class, during the 10 am hour. I think that's first through fifth grades.

Sunday, August 3, we will have an open house at our home, with LOTS of pictures, things we brought back, etc. By that point I'll have finished the final edit on the video. I have it down to about 35 minutes now. I'm not sure yet on the times for the open house, check here later or contact us and ask or just show up sometime in the afternoon/early evening. If you show up early, we will put you to work and if you're late, we may have you help clean up.

I have a Kodak Gallery slide show online now, but it's got 250 photos on it, including captions. I'm putting together a shorter version, but it's not quite ready. If you really want to see all 25o, let me know and I'll send you the link.

So, EVERYONE who is interested is welcome to come to the church service or our open house!!! Kids, adults, friends, co-workers, whoever. We are not going to ask anyone for donations, so don't worry about that, we just would love to tell anyone who is interested more about what we learned and experienced in Kenya.

No comments: