Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Things are coming together


Eight days until we leave and things are coming together. It's been so encouraging for us to have the support of the church body at FVCC. Most of the things from Connie's list have been purchased and dropped off. I bought a luggage scale so we can check to be sure we stay within British Airways weight limits. We can each bring two 51 pound suitcases.

According to the internet, the time difference will be 9 hours from Chicago. Nairobi is in the same time zone as Moscow. It's easier for me to change am to pm and then subtract 3, for instance I'm typing this at 8 am, and it's 5 pm in Kenya.

All our immunizations are complete, we've notified our bank and credit card companies, we have cleared off our camera memory cards, now the biggest thing on the to-do list is updating our video camera. I tried to be economical and bought a reconditioned one on E-bay. Bad idea. So, figuring it out and making a decision on a new camcorder is today's project. I suffer from paralysis by analysis, I try so hard to make a good decision that I never get one made!

No comments: