Saturday, June 21, 2008

nairobi

We're back in Nairobi and having a quiet relaxed morning. Connie and Dan are meeting with some teammates and Rachel drove us over to Roslyn Academy where we ran on the track and worked with weights. That felt good, getting some exercise. Paige is helping with household chores. We have taken over 1000 photos, between our two cameras and some of the pictures look like encyclopedia pictures, but we really did take them!

I'm covered with little red spots at this point. Dan thinks it's grass fleas. He has some too. We got some antihistime ointment and I'm taking an antihistimine, so I'll survieve, but I'm glad I'm not wearing shorts and tank tops.

The weather is like camping in the summer on a cool day. It's like 65-68, drizzles and good bit and is overcast. The bush are was warm and sunny, but here things stay kind of damp and cool.

One thing we've noticed here is that there are people wandering all over at all times of day. Everyone is outside walking around or watching other people walking around. It's not like the suburbs in the states where you see houses but no people! We also noticed the guys in fatigues with machine guns over their shoulders at the mall, but we didn't take their pictures. They might not like that and I'm not going to clash with them!

The internet is on and off all day, so I'll try to send this now.

No comments: